The Book of Kells
The Book of Kells has been dated back to somewhere around 800 AD and was made in either Iona or Kells in county Meath. Many historians believe that it was started off in Iona and later taken to Kells for safekeeping, where it remained for several centuries. It is written in Latin. In 1541, at the height of the English Reformation, the book was taken by the Roman Catholic Church for safekeeping. It was returned to Ireland in the 17th century, and Archbishop James Ussher gave it to Trinity College, Dublin, where it is today.